Sunday, June 04, 2006

10 SIMPLE PLEASURES

I was tagged by Asha.Its called some ten simple pleasures in life.I dont think I can post it in the order of preference.I guess I am one of the last guys to post this .Even that intro tag was posted by me last December ,a good 4-5 months after it was being tossed around in the blogosphere.So I think many things will be found else where too.Lemme give it a shot-

1) Sit on the Bessie beach after some 10 in the night without any worries in life {Till the police shoos me away at 12.It did happen on a couple of occasions }

2) Eat Paruppu Kuzhambu cooked by Mom,Vetha kuzhambu cooked by Dad,Maggi noodles by Sis and kesari by Paati.

3) Simply sit and chat with my Mom.

4) Watch Sachin Tendulkar in full form.A morbid passion is to see Abdur Razzak's face bleeding on being hit by Sachin's lofted drives :P

5) Watch some old Hindi or Tam movie starring Big B/Dev Anand/Dharamendra or MGR/Sivaji with my Dad and discuss the dialogues{Hindi} and songs {Tam}.I am a huge fan of Big B and he is a huge fan of MGR.

6) Visit the temples of Kumbakonam with cousins and take bath at a pump-set in the nearby fields.

7) A walk in my colony with friends after the rain has stopped and have pani puri (or) Go on a long drive with beshtu buddies in some car with myself behind the wheels.

8) Hum and sometimes loudly sing desi film songs.If I am taking bath and you are in the vicinity ,kindly plug your ears.

9) Sit in my room on a hot summer afternoon,switch on the AC,take out the photo album and look at my old photos.

10) Reading a good book in the night with gentle ,mellifluous music wafting.

Will add one more -11) Making faces,karaoke singing,aping the thalam {hand movements} and teasing sis and Mom when they are practicing Carnatic music.

Obviously this is not an exhaustive list.The ones that came to my mind readily have been posted.I dont wish to tag anyone because almost all my readers have finished theirs.

12 comments:

Sandeep Sundaram said...

abbey goin out with friends is always a pleasure!!!!
i never knew tht u love walkin in d colony after the rain stops!!!
saley ekh dum keechad rehtha tujjey usmein kya pasnd bey chalna!!!
tata

Naren said...

"Simply sit and chat with my Mom"

All boys are attached to their mother :)

"Watch Sachin Tendulkar in full form"

LOL! One more circket fan :P

"Hum and sometimes loudly sing desi film songs.If I am taking bath and you are in the vicinity ,kindly plug your ears"

Bathroom singer... u hav company :D

Dainty Damsel said...

Marvelous post dear.
The list shows simple pleasures of life and that happiness can be derived from these things.

Walking after rain stops is indeed real fun when you can smell everything fresh.I love it too.
Ofcourse Mom and pickles are the best ;)
A nice one buddy.You din't tag anyone?!
cheers

Mystic said...

Nice one da MoBo...And as u said, when a restriction of 10 is given u really cant make an exhaustive list...Thanks for responding to the tag

Serendipity said...

"Sit on the Bessie beach after some 10 in the night without any worries in life "

aaha another bessie beach fan:) I love it when therez a full moon too with its lights reflected by the sea as if to create a path to heaven/hell:)


chatting with mama :) same pinch:)


going thru old albums is alwaz fun:)

Shankar said...

my best time iitm was when i heard music from 1am to 5am on a saturday night (or sunday morning, however you look at it) and did nothing else.

Labakku Das said...

@sandy:
I have enjoyed all the outings with u
@naren:
thanx for the company dude!
@vaish:
thanx a lot
@mystic:
thanx and thand or teh tag..does help u wen u dont get topics ;)
@harini:
ya i know u too a huge fan of bessie beach..miss mom :((
@shanky:
ya man nite out listening to music rox!

MaySan said...

Nice list.....teasing sisters is the best pleasure of all guys:P

Anonymous said...

dei okkaala pundai...summa ellaraium erakaradhu daan un life la velaiya..iit la ukkandukittu enna da 'desi' songs reference? thalaivar keedu mentally erkaname app adichutaru polerukku...ozhunga sood podame iit la edhavudhu urupadiya panna mudiyumanu paaru, like all good pazham localites do (or similar tam pseudolocalites)...btw..nee freshie ya alaklaya irundhe?

Heidi Kris said...

6 was good :)

Labakku Das said...

@Mayura:
Surely.. 100% agreer
@Anonymous:
Yes i was in alak in 1st year..amy i know who you are?
@Sri:
Thanx ..firstu time commenting..me privileged :P

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »