Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I GOT PICKED-2

So, it was well past 10pm now and the lights in the entire bogie were off. No dirty conclusions please. I sat at the edge of the side lower seat, she at the other edge.To add to your mood, let me include stuff like the moon was shining, and it was pretty cool. Everyone was asleep.

*****************
She - So when do you gen sleep ?
Around one. After net goes.
Hehe, ok I sleep at 12 types. I just can't sleep at 10-11.
Yeah, same here. ( She got the message that I was game for more chat)
Then some gen talk about movies, weekend hang outs etc. Since she was scolding Chennai, I too cribbed majorly. Again, I had to score points, right ?
Enter Pongal la Sambhar (PLS). Yes, he was as welcome as sambhar in Pongal. Why ?Because I was seated in his place , and now I had to move further towards her. He seemed to be of my age, and obly yet another s/w guy.PLS and the girl ( ok call her j) had already spoken to each other while I was reading. So, overlooking me ( I was beside her rem) , she talked to him for the next 5 min. I really felt odd. J sensed my displeasure , and well left him now. She resumed talking, that guy left, but intelligently I continued to stay put at my place. A call at 11pm, this surely must be PLM I thought. She was talking for a few minutes. Now, I had to do something. Genly window gazing. Thankfully PLM left in 5 min. I deliberately emptied my bottle of water and asked her. Again we chat for some 10 min. PLM calls again. She cuts, says we use CUG in company, so it is free. This might take time. I now decided to gather some sleep.

****************
Morning, around 6-30. I came down. She - Smiles. GM. I am so sorry, I had to cut you yesterday.
Me - Yeah its ok. So when did you sleep ?
Hmm at 4.
Whattt ?
Yes, phone itself till 1. Then I couldn't get sleep. I was staring at the moon.
I guess you were right. Like Jab We Met Kareena you sure talk a lot.
Hehe. I know that.
And what made you gaze at the moon from 1-4 ?
Hmm it was a beautiful sight.
OK forget it. Coffee ?
No thanks. I had it.
Hmm ok.

**************
It was almost 7-20am by now. She asked me when we would be reaching. I said in ten mins. She was seeing the stations like Falaknuma Palace, Malakpet etc. I said now 2 more mins. We started packing the bags and kept it on our seats. I decided not to act despo. I did not want to ask her no . Now the train started decelerating. I did not even look at her, feigning total lack on interest. And now halt. I picked up my bag, a bit sad. She too picked hers. The PLMs and kids also picked up and I was about to disembark. Voila!
Rajeev, I will be coming to IIT for some work next week. Can I have your no ?
(1000 watt smile) Oh ! Sure.
She takes out a slip and I blurt out.
Me - Why slip ? What happened to mobile
She- Hmm no charge.
I decided to give a final parting shot. Avunu mari. Raatiranta fone matladute charge ela untundi. ( If you talk through the night, how will charge be there)
Hehe.
Her sis comes, and she introes me saying this was the guy I was talking to. Thankfully my dad had not come yet. I gen aa smiled.
Bye Rajeev. Have a good time
Thanks. Wishing you the same . Bye
******************

The next time I am traveling in train, I have a ready pick up line for F 23.
Innocent face, a bit tensed, stumble here and there - " Excuse me. I am travelling along this route for the first time. Does this go up to Egmore? I really have no idea. "

blah blah

I shall update as and when I get a call reg her "work" at IIT :)

11 comments:

Sandeep Sundaram said...


Innocent face, a bit tensed, stumble here and there - " Excuse me. I am travelling along this route for the first time. Does this go up to Egmore? I really have no idea. "

she will defly make out tht u aint innocent ..
so no chance lyt max[:P]

lv evrything apart u dint tel me how her sis looked like...[:P]

dont forget 2 blog abt her visit 2 IIt ..i.e if she calls u when she turns up[:P]

Shankar said...

what happened next??? i never meet pretty girls in trains :(

Gads said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Serendipity said...

lucky fella. :P

Mystic said...

Machi.. nalla padam paatha effect da un blog :P btw... great post but made me screw my optical exam coz I was reading this instead [:P] and yeah.. lucky u! The only time I met a cute guy in the train was when I was with a grp of frds and we scared him to death by teasing him non stop! [:P]

Anonymous said...

I dont rem Jab-we-met-kareena staring at the moon . U must have made quite an impression on her :P

Anonymous said...

Labakku Das enti? kotha J10 pera?

Did you ever consider the fact that this post might be a bad idea? If she were really enthu about you, she would probably look you up on web and find your blog, and come to the conclusion that you are (possibly, very slightly) despo for her, not to mention how she would interpret your slightly less than orthodox blog intro. Of course, it might work either way -- but then, you are gambling with the precious brownies you scored. The fact that such (blue?) moonshine incidents do not appear on the mail grp might mean that you dont want me poking my nose into your affairs; so here I run off, leaving behind my bol wishes :)

Labakku Das said...

@ Harsha -

Labakku Das is a comedy character that has achieved cult status. Ask any Tam guy in your univ, he will answer it.
I did not post it in the group because I thought it was redundant as most of our junta anyway read the blog.
Well, I have not linked this blog on my orkut webpage, so it is highly unlikely that she is going to stumble upon this.
Btw glad to see your 2 cents :)

Anonymous said...

Whats 2 cents?

and I should say that you had a very plain last class. Mine was probably one of the most memorable of all the classes. I had pondy mohan abusing me for a whole 10 mins for coming late!

Anonymous said...

and what of MTP? kicked ass or kicked on ass?

Labakku Das said...

My 2 cents worth- An idiom meaning my opinion.

And btw you have replied for the last class in the wrong post I must say !

My MTP surely merits a good post. I shall not insult it by describing it in few words :P