Tuesday, November 03, 2009

LONG TIME NO SEE

Been more than a year since I blogged. This was a good time killer when I had infinite time. Right now there is no time to kill ! Also, the interest is on the wane even among my friends, whose blogs I used to follow religiously. I guess the same lack of time is the case everywhere.

Somehow I feel 9 to 6 types on weekdays, with a half day on Saturday is better than slogging 9 to 9 and 2 full days off. Of course, the grass is always greener on the other side and unreachable grapes are always sour !I have reasons though -

1) If you are used to working 9 to 9, weekends sometimes can get boring with nothing to do. Instead of 2 holidays, if it is a 1.5, you wont be left with much time. Esp Sunday noons if you don't get sleep and TV has crap movies, pain wonly.

2) If you crash majorly in the weekends, Monday mornings are a huge pain

3) You are left with NO time to start a hobby / go to gym / finish some work. Most of the shops close by 9 and are closed on Sundays. That leaves just 1 Saturday to finish ALL your work and that includes household chores like washing, pressing etc

I have few more reasons. Of course I don't have "tearifying" work till 9, but it gets 9 by the time I come home if I have dinner also at canteen. This leaves me with just about enough time to read the Left biased Hindu, watch the oft repeated comedy on Sun Music and Siripoli, see Sagarika Ghose and Barkha Dutt crapping away and the ritualistic phone call.

Digressing from this, I now live in Kilpauk. There seems to be some thing with my proximity to politicians. In Thiruvanmiyur(more of Kottivakkam) I was a stone's throw away from Chittappa Sharat Kumar. In Kipauk, I practically live next door to the silent right man of Thatha, the Finance Minister Anbazhagan. He seems to be a no frills guy, there is hardly any poster with this guy wielding a pen as a visionary and a band of thugs beside him. Just a negligible painting opposite his house and the mandatory red and black flag. In fact have seen him board his Innova in the mornings when I leave to work.

My house is near the Kilpauk Water Tank, a mammoth tank. It is like a Kathipara juntcion level flyover among all flyovers. I presume it supplies water to major parts of Chennai. Kilpauk is also the abode of a huge no of Northies. Well Sindhis,Gujjus, Marvadis are all indhi pasanga for us right ? The nearest landmark near our house is a dept store called "Mummy Daddy". Apparently its been here since 1985. We went in to check out the stuff. The stuff is also since 1985 I say. The house is not very great. Particularly the bathroom flooring is pretty old. If I were to wash my clothes here, my clothes would get dirty and the floor would be sparkling clean. Somehow arranged for a "Mummy Daddy" level 2nd hand washing machine. It is of TVS make. Do they even produce now ?

Kilpauk also seems to have been a major abode for the Britishers. Most of the roads have Bangalorean names like Barnaby's Road, Ormes Road, Langdon's Road,Aspiran Garden (where I stay). Still wondering how Thatha has not renamed these. I am sure these will be rechristened Loo.Su.Manivannan Salai and Kay.Di.Periyakaruppan Salai soon.

It has been raining non stop for the past 3 days. With Cooum ready to overflow (or some nala I am not sure) just behind us, we got to be proactive and inform the minister's security guys ! I am going to call them, of course after safeguarding the electronic items....

4 comments:

Sandeep Sundaram said...

After a long time go to read some one blog, same is the case here, more or less i lost enthu in reading as well as ryting blog posts.
But ur posts reminds me of the days when u used 2 post very regularly,your rytin style has'nt changed much :d.
Like always your post is very hilarious :).
u keep ryting :d

Gads said...

Writing about Kilpauk when you will shift in one month. :p

MaySan said...

You and ur electronics!

Labakku Das said...

Electronics was not even 1% of this post and you chose to pick that :P