Monday, August 08, 2005

FIRST DAY OF 3RD YEAR

MONDAY MORNING BLUES

Aaargh...Yawn.. The alarm was screaming at 7 am and i peacefully shut it down and dozed back. At abt 7-45 i realised that i had not yet done my "boni"-attending classes so far this yr.Tom Sawyer's invention of "ills" came 2 my mind but here i was my own master and all i needed was "determination"! Classes officially started on Friday but for lazy bums like me it had not yet started and i did not want 2 procrastinate the "boni". I jumped out of my bed and completed all the daily chores{minus of course taking a bath} and managed 2 reach jus 5 min late for the 8 am class. As expected it was half empty{for proponents of optimism well -half full}.I was happy that i belonged to the better half of the class.

1st hr- The prof let us in with a warning saying "First time xcused". No sooner did i park myself than i found myself being drawn into the whirlpool called sleep. I tried 2 take help frm my neighbour but he was already down by then.The classroom seems 2 b having soporific properties embedded in it-thats wat i feel. After trying few things 2 keep sleep at bay i gave up and thankfully went unnoticed.

2nd hr- A young man with a crumpled T-shirt entered in and i thot that some M.Tech or Ph.D muggu came in 2 assist the prof . To my surpise he turned out 2 b the prof. He started off with a world map showing where he grew,studied and stuff . Probably he found it amusing or interesting but v thot it was stupidity. He gave us a gift and dropped a bomb too. Gift:-no attendance-- I beamed like a child who was given an unexpected toy;Bomb:- No reference book,no notes,only classroom... -- I was as angry as a child whose chocolate was snatched away!! Started something vague which was overhead transmission-OHT.

3rd hr- I was determined 2 atleast scribble something. Managed 2 scribble a decent amt.I wish 2 emphasise-decent by my standards.I felt on top of the world.

4th hr- Due to my misfortune entered late so had 2 sit in the 1st bench beside a "My-day-incomplete-without-teacher-licking" guy. He ,hold ur breath,had a pencil,red pen,blue pen and a scale.Phew! I did not have that even in my school where neat notes mattered a lot. Again that hr was OHT and time was ticking away at a snail's pace . I managed to stay awake but ob was not listening. Once someone asked Dharmaraj "Wat travels faster than light" and he said "the mind" . It was quite true as my mind had encompassed the entire universe in that hr except the classroom!

Back 2 hostel. Had something seemingly similar 2 the aloo,sambar,dal shown in the train in 'ANNIYAN' . I had a surprise in store as there was no 5th hr and i had a short nap. I was ecstatic when i found that there was no lab in the noon and the very thot of a free noon on the 1st day lifted up my spirits.Wow!!

I attended 2 some small jobs only because orkut was not functioning. Evening passed away slowly bereft of any activity.It was time 2 dig into some food. A few freshers were sitting with us in our table in the dining hall and suddenly i saw a worried lookin guy with a bag running around here and there. He came 2 our table and asked the freshers "hey did u write down chemistry notes" and at the other end few guys were talking of something called vector product. I was immediately transported 2 the days wen i used 2 religiously write down notes ,and it seemed some years away. Me and my frnds jus shook it off with a toothy grin and came back 2 our "bindaas" days which is something i am not at all truimphant about.It is something like law of dimishing "interest". If u draw a graph of my "acads enthu and interest" vs age it wud b a perfect sinusoidal curve with the peak being my 11th and 12th class days.I am one of the few "celebs" who gave up studies in the very 1st yr but the situation is better these days.

My only aim as of now is 2 be in time for Tuesday's classes and i have taken a resolution 2 listen 2 the prof's lectures and make notes atleast for 1 full day. I am jus hoping and praying it does happen........

6 comments:

Dainty Damsel said...

hmm title sounds like Hyderabad Blues
had a lazy Monday Morning kya{indeed reading this Tom Sawyer and his innovations struck me}..
seems u have taken some resoluton.is it screen resolution 640*480 ;)LOL keep it up and hope u be consistent in that
well "early to bed early to rise makes Rajeen healthy,wealthy n wise"..hahah
oh last bench gaya kya...go early dude u won't miss ur bench.Howz ur cycle btw??nice OHT
njoy with ur hostel mess..upto u to take this comment as a criticism or a complement.
keep posting!!cheers

Sandeep Sundaram said...

@ RAJ
VERY LAZY
U WILL LEARN RA!
ATLEAST GET UPEARLY SO THAT U CAN OCCUPY D LAST BENCH!

Labakku Das said...

@vaish:
cycle seems 2 obey its master atleast for the time being!well like any other resolution this also faded away after a few hrs... well it certainly is a complement maa..
@sandeep:
well i need 2 wake up soon at least 2 park myself in the last bench!

AJ Hoge said...

Great description of a day in the life of a student... I hope my students dont feel the same in my classes (though they probably do).

Labakku Das said...

@priya:
Hmm.. all of u r wishing me success in my 'last bench endeavour' and i did get it on wed and thu!!thanx ...
@aj/skald:
I do not know u.. neways thanx for dropping in.

Sandeep Sundaram said...

@ raj
koi phirand that 2 an pro bey is commenting da!

i cant take this ! this is envy time!offfffffffffffffffff!
just kidding...