Wednesday, August 03, 2005

HOSTEL LIFE



In my 9th and 10th classes like any other young teenager even I was very eager 2 enter college and have a posh bike,a great gang of frnds and a hep lifestyle. Little did I know that I was 2 enter a world where the vroom of a bike and the smoke that it gives out wud rusticate u frm college!! Of course rusticate is 2 big a word , powered vehicles are banned in our campus and v r fined heavily for riding one. All I have is a solitary cycle now which seems 2 crib often these days and is always in danger of being stolen !! I hope it is safe now as I have not seen it for the past 3 months.
A typical day starts at 8 am { how I envy u guys whose classes start at 9-30 or 10} and I am certain that not more than 5-10% of the students wake up before 7-30 and I do not fall in that category. A visit 2 any of the hostels at that time will surely have u in splits. The cacophonic sound of ‘n’ no of alarms blaring out is the first thing which one will notice. A glance towards the wash basins will show sleepy faces inching their way in and out and cursing the long queue!. Chennai is infamous for its water prob and our campus is no exception. You will have a super sensational start 2 ur day wen u discover that there is no water that morning and find only air rushing out of the tap! Freshers religiously take bath in the morning and v have 2 put fight 2 dig the fact into their heads that doin so will leave the late risers with no water and so the 1st thing one does in the ragging sessions is 2 take a word from him saying he wont take bath in the morning.I pity the guys who r caught in the loo in such horrible situations. Fortunately I was not a victim so far and hope not 2 be one in the future!!! Other idiosyncrasies which all the guys follow religiously are- taking bath only in the evenings; generously applying deo and wearing crumpled,battered,wo

6 comments:

Sandeep Sundaram said...

@rajeev
u have done a grt job with ur blog!
but the presentation prt was not at all impressive ra!
ne ways words wer grt ra
u chosse and pick word correctly!
neways i will give u 7/10
coz presentation was not that gud ...r else i would have given u 9.5 ra..

Labakku Das said...

dei i am not as talented as u guys daa!! it will take some time ...

Vetty Max said...

Dei we had more fun because we did not have net. :P

Throughout the 4 years I made sure that whatever happened, I always had breakfast because that was the only surely eatable meal.

Despite all its so-called negatives, IIT rocks man....I miss that life. :((

Dainty Damsel said...

@sandeep:7/10?? naa..9.99/10(truncated value).hahah
rajeev u have nice actions with words n u ought to admit it.used right words at right places right??;)what say:-/
nice to know ur life @IIT..really kewl
njoy it to the fullest
cheers!!!

Labakku Das said...

@priya--
thanx a lot for reading my 1st post.
@k7--
i second that dude... iit definitely rox.but without net i doubt..
@vaish--
9.99.. sooooo many thanx..was that a candid rating??

Sandeep Sundaram said...

@vaish
9.999 so genrous ru?
u should have seen the earlier presentation ..
it was horrible..
u wont bel...
i think raj took my advice and changed the template...
gud raj< llways listen 2 me ..>