Friday, May 04, 2007

AAH SE AAHA TAK

Phew!!! What a sem! Surely would have beat my peak JEE prep days . Yesterday was the last paper.The only things in my life were assignments, projects, models, reports, seminars .We had to shoot a video for the hostel night and wing junta got shit pained with my eternal absence . Incidentally there was zero mug and needless to say got screwed royally in the end sem. I don't remember having slept before 4 am for the last month or so. I am still not vetty. A classmate threw another bomb yesterday saying 3 lab reports were pending . Somehow garnered enthu and finished one yesterday. Actually thinking of packing the other 2 . I am already half dead , add a couple of lab reports and stuff and soon there will be a " Requiem for a Desi " level movie :P

It was the same with all Dual Deg students because most of the projects were group ones. At one point of time I was with 3 groups , the sets not being disjoint though. I literally had to "allot" times and dates!!! Add to this some weekly presentations etc. I am shit pained with this pres and ppt. I would have given some 10 this sem . The summer interns have been another futile affair so far - Infinite rejects and cupaxe interviews . The only ray of light is a Bangalore company TIMKEN , the results of which are pending. Apparently these guys are world leaders in bearings ( yeah the same ones which you encountered in Engineering Drawing ) . It will be out today. Of course there is no tension whatsoever , if not an intern will start the " In partial fulfillment of my Mtech Degree" Dual Degree Project ( DDP ) . Else the regulars are always there - CAT , GRE , Kumbak trip etc.

Amidst this energy sapping , limbs crying , brain dying, stretching me beyond me physilogical and psychological limits , I managed to catch up a few Tam flicks . Mozhi was a very nice movie . Prakash Raj's timing and Jyo's performances were the highlight. Jyo , I will miss you . Pachaikili Muthucharam had the typical Gautham touch - awesome first half , nice songs and background music by Harris, 'cut the crap' dialogue , dull and protracted endings . He seems to be a huge fan of Scorcese and wants to have the same language and gore in Tam. As Kesavan once said - He puts maajar fight for the first half and appears to finish the second half in one night out or so. I love his movies but for the last half hour or so. It has been the same with all his movies - Minnale , Vettaiyadu , Kaakha etc. Pachaikili is worth a watch certainly though. Harris is totally rocking these days. Apart from the aforesaid movies Unnale Unnale has a couple of very good songs ( June ponaal , Vaikasi nilave etc) and has given good numbers in a gult movie Munna (Prabhas and Ileana) also. Good stuff, but Rahman is way ahead. ( Please don't include Sivaji . Yucky music :P )

This sem was over in a jiffy and I think I can live in totaal bliss next year. The grades will not be relevant anymore after this sem . There are not many courses either - just 2 next sem . 4th year has been good. I have discovered the joys of sitting under the teacher's notes , nodding my head in the class , writing down notes , submitting assignments on time etc for one full year. The team projects were the best part . The usual misunderstandings and verbal duels aside , there haven't been any problems at all . I am pretty satisfied with myself and decent grades will only be the icing on the cake. Actually I am not bothered about it right now, my deep sense of satisfaction overshadowing the smallest thoughts about grades :P

Coming up soon- senti and parting

9 comments:

Shankar said...

dual guys really had a tought time this sem .... next two sems are gonna be great. you wont have a lot of time to waste.. but you still can have fun if you know enough people ... of course all this depends on your guide too ... have fun!

Gads said...

Coming up soon- senti and parting

Eh? Not Unnale Unnale review? :P

Highly appropriate that I called you "Bhijee Badu" throughout the sem =))

Congrats on the TIMKEN reject! :P

Yeah, don't start enjoying now. Start doing the project. If you start by june end or so, it will hamper your CAT and GRE preps.. And of course, placement preps.

Sandeep Sundaram said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandeep Sundaram said...

abhey is there ne post wer u havnt mentioned movies..
they have some spl place in ur blogs[:P]
and u were really bjee baap..... for sure...
hyd is waiting, come down 2 hyd ..
lyk lyf is callin there nuthin btr thn havin fud in ur house after a elusive sem....

MaySan said...

You forgot that you werent able to do things that u were able to in the 3rd and 4th sems :P

Anyways...hope your grades come out well and u do get the icing in the cake :) Put a Kumbaks trip and also a Hyd one ;) :P

Gads said...

Mayu, let him first put a Tambaram trip! :P

MaySan said...

LOL Gads....he will do it soon ;)

Labakku Das said...

@ Shankin
Yeah hope to relax big time till Jun 2008 :)

@ Gads:
Thanks for the wishes :P Yeah will start the preps after a short break.

@ Sandy:
I will be in Hyd in June. Movies are my passion da

@Gads and Mayu:
Tambaram la enna irukku ?? Trip over btw :P

MaySan said...

Tamabaram la onnume illa :P Visit over a....was that why I got a comment on my blog too? ;)And u are not online as well :P