Friday, January 04, 2008

GEN

Gen want to post something. I do not have any specific topic in mind though. I guess some random updates will do for now.

Taare Zameen Par totally rocks .It is a bit slow, but I felt it was necessary to effectively drive home the child's psyche. A sure tear - jerker movie, and that makes it the second privileged movie for which my eyes became moist after Black. Aamir are gawd only - he was successful in making my eyes moist ! Another decent movie was Scorcese's Good Fellas , a totally gangster movie with taut story and screenplay, though I would certainly contest its position in the top 20.

Dec 31st 2007 was one of the quietest New Years Eve I have had in recent times. Last year was maajar fun in ECR. Out of that gumbal of 10 odd only 2 are left in Chennai , thanks to whom I am pulling on here and without whom it would have been miserable .Only one guy (PK ) was with me on 31st and it was kinda nostalgic when we relived those moments - a planned surprise treat extraction at an expensive resort , crashing on Bessie Beach and footer at 3 am. Also , on the same day I got the 7th sem results and my highest GPA in my stay at IITM helping increase my overall CGPA significantly ( which later proved to be amazingly fruitful as Scope International had a 7.5 CGPA cut-off, but not explicitly mentioned). Though it was not much of an achievement given the extremely small number of students, it was a very satisfactory accomplishment from a personal perspective . I just had a late dinner with PK and a couple of other guys and was having my usual midnight coffee . I received one sms at 12 and one call while the other guys seemed very busy with their cell phone keypads , the sound of which makes my mom call it paen sudukardhu (knocking the lice) . They seemed to be answering calls and replying non stop while I was just watching them. This prompted a wise crack - People like us much more than you, hence the messages . They were made to eat their words the next day. My calls number and duration peacefully outnumbered theirs. Continuing my trend of a temple visit on Jan 1st , I visited the Kesava Perumal Koil in Mylapore .

I have almost become a social recluse now.Wing fart sessions are totally defunct . And my project is still amorphous. This is really dangerous with mid-term review on 11th. I hope my good relations with my Prof will save me from an extension , because if I were to be in the panel I would have given an extension to the student with this low progress . Anyway, lets see what happens. The time-tested method of meeting the prof daily wil surely be followed now. I have exactly one course this semester. HS dept has introduced a new course Carnatic Music with a prof from Madras University. Totally strong. I guess it will be purely theoretical as practicals do not seem practical. My mom will be totally ecstatic if I enroll for that course, but since when have we been such obedient children. I will decide after a good look at the courses across all the departments as this is a free elective.

I am putting a Hyd-Tirupati trip on 12th followed by my cousin's engagement on 20th. Totally looking forward to 12th. For now, saving extension is the only thing in my mind.

2 comments:

MaySan said...

Taare Zameen Par surely rocks. I liked it more then Black. This movie leaves you more happy!

You were cribbing that you had not had any calls/smses in the night, so covered it up through the day. Great! And I am sure Kesava Perumal temple visit was great :P

Go for it man...take up Carnatic music. Will be handy for the future :P

Serendipity said...

" Aamir are " :P

second Mayu's comment on carnatic course :D

missed ur readings :)